14.8.07

FFSing: God says we should vote for Howard

I respect peoples right to their beliefs, as well as their right to share these beliefs with others (in a respectful way). There are times though that this respect can be sorely tested.

I came across this letter put out by a senior Pastor of Catch the Fire Ministries - a charismatic/evangelical (some would say fundamentalist) Christian outfit - on the political news website Crikey.com.au today, in which he pretty well instructs the members of the church to re-elect John Howard because God told him personally.

Here's the story as it appeared on Crikey:

Pastor Danny Nalliah of the Catch the Fire Ministries writes:

John Howard and Kevin Rudd might have taken their message to Australian Christians through the wonder of the internet last week, but Catch the Fire's Pastor, Danny Nalliah, has stripped away the earthly middle men in his deliberations running up to election 2007. It would appear that God has a preference for PM, as Pastor Nalliah reveals in this letter sent to the Catch the Fire faithful:

Dear Family in Christ,

A few weeks ago while I was seeking the Lord in prayer, He told me that I must meet personally with the Honorable Prime Minister John Howard and the Honorable Federal Treasurer Peter Costello.

In obedience to the voice of the Lord, I set out to arrange a personal meeting with both national government leaders. The Lord spoke clearly to me about how Prophet Samuel in the Word of God was sent to anoint David as the future King of Israel. When David’s father Jesse presented all his sons (except David) to the Prophet of God, Samuel could not find the Lord’s leading to anoint any of these sons, so he asked Jesse if he had any other sons and he brought his youngest son David to be anointed by the Prophet as the future King of Israel. Although this was controversial, Prophet Samuel had to obey the voice of God! (not man’s political correctness)

The Lord told me to spend some personal time with Prime Minister John Howard and to prophetically prepare Federal Treasurer Peter Costello as the future Prime Minister of Australia. (I don’t know the exact timing, but I was obedient to the voice of God).

I thank the Lord that I just had a one to one meeting with Peter Costello on Thursday 9th August and John Howard on Friday 10th August. The Lord had given me a clear prophetic Word for both of them and I thank Him I was able to deliver His Word in addition to praying with both of these Federal Government Leaders.

Unfortunately, I’m not at liberty to share the details of these private encounters, but I will boldly declare that Prime Minister John Howard will be re-elected in the November election (if the Body of Christ unites in prayer and action) and pass the leadership onto Peter Costello sometime after.

I know this prophetic declaration is very controversial, but at this critical crossroad in our nation’s destiny, it’s not time to tickle the ears of man, but to please the Father in Heaven, by boldly proclaiming His Authoritative Word of Righteousness, Justice, and Truth to the Church and Nation!

Both of these national political leaders demonstrated sincere humility, honesty and openness with me and the Lord. I thanked Prime Minister John Howard for calling the nation to pray for rain and we discussed about calling a Christian Thanksgiving Service in Federal Parliament to thank the Lord for sending the rain in response to the nationwide call to prayer. This was well received by the PM and he expressed his willingness to personally attend. Please pray for the Lord to lead us as we continue to prepare for this historic Christian Thanksgiving Service in Federal Parliament!

Truly, I give all the praise, honor, and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ for what he has done, is doing, and will continue to do by His Holy Spirit!