14.5.07

Watching: The Iraqi Breakfast Club

I'm not sure what it is about the 80s John Hughes film The Breakfast Club that has captured my affections so much but I'm a sucker for any Breakfast Club reference or sample these days. (Maybe it's just that it is the definitive high-school teen angst flick and given that that is where I was when it came out, it was just a good fit)

(The Kleptones - who I will talk about later in the week - have a bunch of samples from this film in their 24 Hours album)

Suffice to say then that I was tickled when I came across this animation online a little while ago. It's a couple of years old now but takes the Breakfast Club concept and applies it to the process of coming up with the new Iraqi constitution.

(The only thing that's missing is the "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" line - never mind)