3.9.08

Pondering: the telemegaphone















The telemegaphone is an unusual arts project put up by Unsworn, a "design and innovations studio" in Sweden.
They develop "products for beautiful and surprising telecommunications".

Essentially, they have installed these wind-powered 7 metre high giant high speaker/statue things in remote areas around Sweden which you can leave a message for which is then blared out around the immediate area.

Nifty idea - though I have to wonder how much these things have been griefed so far - I must confess that some of my first thoughts as to the kind of message that I would send would be generally obnoxious/offensive remarks (though obviously humorous) and the second was to send through the sound of an air raid warning siren.

But then, I can be kind of juvenile at times :)

Thanks to Shane for pointing this baby out.