1.8.08

Getting: schooled about Batman



I had a couple of comments come through over-night about a mistake I made in my "10 things I hate about The Dark Knight" post the other day where I confused something that happened in Batman: Gotham Knight and Batman Begins. (The whole Batman gets a whizz-bang bullet proof force field thing)

Evidently this means that:

Such an obvious lack of research and KNOWLEDGE let's me know that you don't really know what you're talking about when it comes to Batman and thus you don't deserve to criticize it in a way that merits such a cocky, self-righteous diatribe.

Just sayin.



I have a (slightly paraphrased) announcement.

I apologise for the errors in this and any previous posts that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Batfans.

I apologise especially for confusing one recent movie about a fictional brooding superhero vigilante with another.

For the pain, suffering and hurt of these Batfans, their descendants and for their families left behind, I say sorry.

To the mothers and the fathers, the brothers and the sisters, for the breaking up of families and communities, I say sorry.

And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, I say sorry.

(I might just throw in an extra sorry there if anyone thinks that my remix of "The Apology" is disrespectful - it's a compare and contrast thing - something monumentally important and something utterly trivial)