21.9.07

Watching: Radiohead meets Eraserhead mashup

This is a bit of a no-brainer for me - OK Computer is still one of my favourite all time albums and David Lynch's Eraserhead is still my favourite bizarrely surreal film.

Jsmash has done a pretty nice job cutting this clip together - I like the tiny jumpcuts in particular. If you haven't seen Eraserhead, check it out - just don't go in expecting the story to make sense, treat it more like an abstract painting and just let yourself experience the feelings it provokes.



Here's a short clip from the film to give you some idea of what to expect - if you're overly squeamish you might give it a miss. I remember reading somewhere that Lynch came up with the idea for the film when he was feeling anxious about the upcoming birth of his first child.



(Oh and if you're a Twin Peaks fan, you might have noticed that Henry is played by Jack Nance, who played Pete Martell in the show)