16.2.07

Drinking: the recommended wine

I popped out to Caffe Della Piazza in Garema Place (Civic, Canberra) last night - a bit of a favourite in the Italian stakes in town.

What I particularly like about this restaurant is the way they list the recommended wines with each meal (evidently they have a multi-award winning wine cellar). I can't say I've generally followed the recommendations to date but thought I'd give it a try last night as I really didn't know what I wanted.

So I had the Pollo Martinella (something like that) - chicken breast sitting on top big mushroom with fetta and with this a Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc - worked an absolute treat. Nice, full, fruity and cold.

(Excuse the brevity of the post, I'd figured that I could do a spiel on the joys of filling in breakfast radio but checking back I did that last week. Oh well. )