26.1.07

Finishing: Scarface: The World is Yours.

Ok, this is the last post on this topic for sure - honest.

So I finally get 100% completion of the game after driving around for an eternity, dodging gangs, delivering drugs, over and over and over and over, like a monkey with a miniature cymbal. (Sorry, I think I was briefly possessed by Hot Chip)

Do I get the aforementioned fireworks shooting out of the cd tray of the Xbox? Well, no, that probably was never going to happen. Are there onscreen fireworks? Some kind of triumphant fanfare? Flashing lights and colours? Again, no.

What I do get is plain white text, all capitals that says "You are Scarface".

I kid you not.

I can still "play" the game, drive around, do deals, kill gangs (which again, I though I had already done) and accumulating money. There are some changes. When I walk down the street I'm now accompanied by the six women from my mansion, all clad in black lingerie and according to the internets, they will defend me from bad guys.

The bank no longer charges me interest to launder my money and instead of being able to carry 3 types of weapon, I can now carry four.

But where I ask is the closure?

There was some reference at the end of the storyline missions to going to Bolivia. Maybe I need to have X amount of cash in the bank to be able to do this but frankly, I don't think I will. The game says it's 100% complete and that will do.

Time to spend hours at a time in slightly more constructive pursuits perhaps.

(Of course, I did also get the The Sopranos: Road to Respect game - maybe just five minutes of that... :)