4.7.07

Listening: Airbourne - Runnin' Wild

The much hyped and worth every over-the-top word Airbourne debut album was released on the weekend here in Oz and excuse me while I bang my head a little and smile a dumb rock fevered grin.


(Click on image for full size version - I particularly like the use of Pentridge Prison, Melbourne's old main prison, also known as Bluestone College)

If Wolfmother can build a sound on raiding the best of Sabbath and Led Zep, it's only fair that Airbourne dip deep into the AC/DC well for theirs.

Now maybe it's my bogan roots showing once more (I stand by my respect for Cold Chisel, by the way) but in spite of the fact that I've never really given old Acca Dacca much time, there is something so ROCK about this album that you can't help but love it.

It's loud, it's straight forward and it loves being on stage being a rock star.

I'll post a track by track look at the new album Runnin' Wild soon but for now, here's a sample - I'd really advise turning the sound up.



(Enjoy them now before they get swallowed up by mega-corporate media and played so often that you can't stand the sound of it - I note that this is already underway with the inclusion of this song on the soundtrack to the biggest NFL (American Football) video game - Madden NFL 08. )