9.2.07

Filling in : Friday Breakfast

Breakfast radio is a different beast in some ways to the drivetime (Sunset) shift. I know that one of the main things I want first up is the weather and some good, energetic get up and about music.

So this is what I tried to bring to Friday Breakfast (7am - 8.30) on XXfm this morning, filling in for (imho) one of XXfm's star DJs (though I know he would hate being called that) Fintan.

As usual, I put the tracks together last night, trying to keep the energy up and made sure to throw in a token Stooges track (Fintan is a bit of a fan and has worked his way through the entire Stooges/Iggy Pop discography a number of times now over the years in this slot). The Stooges track was actually a mashup with Push it by Salt'n'Pepa, so hopefully it went over ok with the Friday brekky listeners.

I suspect my banter/rantings might have been a little more scattered than usual today as well (up til 1.30 watching Bad Boy Bubby) but there didn't seem to be any significant stuff ups, so I'll call it a job well done for now.