4.4.03

So I checked out David Caesar's new film (well not exactly new but most recent) - Dirty Deeds at my regular cheapo film hangout, the ANU Film Group (Well, it should be a regular hang out, it's where I work as a projectionist from time to time - incidentally, this will matter to no-one but me, but David Stratton said I was the most important person there when I was introduced to him last week at "David Stratton night" - so ner)

Anyhoo, Dirty Deeds is a great fun, ocker crime flick set in late '60s Sydney, revolving around the poker machine trade. Lots of crazy crash zooms, cool cars and people wearing pork pie hats (I believe people should wear more hats today). Definitely worth a look - though be warned of the pig shoot at the end if you are on the squeamish side.

It makes some nice comments about the Vietnam war as well - crazy gangster Sal has an interesting theory on who was behind it and why (all about selling smack) and there is a nice parallel drawn between Vietnam and the Sydney underworld of the day.

Four stars.

Haven't caught much media of late (depending on how you define it - conventional media I guess) - so for me it's all a bit War? What war?.

Interviewed for a great job with an educational multimedia company on Wednesday out in Deakin (a couple of buildings down from Sasha's work ironically).Would be a dream job and hopefully I'm in with a shot however my lack of commercial experience doesn't help so much. Fingers crossed.

Projecting My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Birthday Girl tonight, I've seen ...Wedding but hope to catch most of Birthday Girl.
I'll tell you about the Projectionists life another time - it's not simply sitting watching movies though.